The start of a new school year is a big event in a child’s life, and we want to help the children at Christ’s Haven start the year off in a special way. In partnership with SOS Local, we’ll be hosting a back-to-school event for them at Trinity on August 11th, and will be giving each of the 28 children a gift card to a store of their choice.
We are in need of about 20 volunteers for this event. Help is needed with set up/take down as well as food and carnival game stations. Please email Amanda Chumchal or contact the church office this week if you’re able to help.
Orientation for the day will begin at 9:00 am. Please make plans to be at the church by then and stay until the event is cleaned up.
Children will arrive at 10:00 am and leave around noon. The games and activities will he held from 10:00-11:00 and lunch and gift cards will be distributed from 11:00-noon. The stations are:
- Target Shot – 3 volunteers needed
- Ring toss – 2 volunteers needed
- Soccer shoot – 2 volunteers needed
- Fast pitch – 2 volunteers needed
- Simon says – 1 volunteer needed
- Craft table – 1 volunteer needed
- Ticket booth – 2 volunteers needed
- Lunch/food – 5 volunteers needed
- Greeters – 2 volunteers needed