Join us on Christmas Eve for our special evening of candlelight worship with Communion at 5:30 pm.
Just as there were shepherds out in the fields when the angels appeared, just as there were wisemen following a star, just as Mary and Joseph traveled far to find no room in the inn, so will we gather out in the field, under the stars (and a tent), and yet coming together to celebrate the birth of the Light of the World.
What to Expect
We will gather out on the field behind (to the east of) our building for worship. There are two main seating areas, one under a large tent, and one under the stars. And Christmas lights will light your way.
Before sitting, please pick up a bulletin, candles, communion elements, and kid activities. Then we will worship in a similar fashion to what we have experienced in years past. We will sing carols, we will share communion, we will light candles from the Christ candle as we sing Silent Night.
- We will strive to social distance (You can sit and spread out wherever you’d like)
- We will wear masks
- We will be outside
- For those who are high risk, we will also have an Online Version of Worship available around 4:00 on Christmas Eve.
What you may want to Bring
- A Flashlight (for helping folks see their way across the field back to their cars after worship)
- Your own lawn chair (we have rented 150 folding chairs, but you can bring your own if you’d like)
- Warm Clothes/Blankets
What we Need
- We need a few people to help set up at 4:30
- We could use a few more space heaters (These can be dropped off at the church on the 23rd)
- We will need a few people to stay afterwards for a few minutes and move things back into the church